Saturday 1 June 2013

Kotonoha no Niwa

A short film made by Makoto Shinkai (5cm per second, The children who chase lost voices and the place promised in our early days.) Sheesh this man is a genius.

Took another persons picture without permission. I bow my head in apology. I truly am sorry. Heh now we all know i will never just take a picture of google. Oh my god my heart nearly stopped. No pic here go search for it on your own people.

A boy who enjoys making shoes goes to a park during the rainy season. There he encounters a woman who was drinking beer and eating chocolate. When she is bout to leave, she smiles and recites the answer to a tanto (japanese literature), and leaves saying that they may be able to meet on another rainy day.

I have no qualms about the story, i think that it is well written and managed to bring out my emotions within the 46 minute timeframe. It is interesting in its own way, and grabbed my attention because of the chemistry between the main protagonists.

The part i enjoyed the most was the ending. It was so heartfelt and emotional and it made me tear up a little. :)

And as expected of the graphics, they are fantastically detailed. What caught my eye was how detailed the little things were; such as the raindrops and the shoes. They played a subtle role in the movie.

Plot: Pretty good. 8/10

Characters: The movie was too short to go deeper into their pasts but they showed just enough to keep me guessing. 7/10

Graphics: Pretty good. 8/10

Recommendation: 3.5/5 (some people may find it boring)

After watching Anohana i think i became a magnet to depressing yet joful animes. Oh woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment