Monday 15 July 2013

Is Guren no Yumiya a dud?

Hey. So i watched Shingeki no kyojin's full opening PV.


I'm not really too pleased with this. Not that the song was bad of course. After listening to the first 1.30 mins of the opening, i was completely hooked. Unfortunately, at the same my expectations shot sky high. So here i am now, not completely satisfied with the damn thing. The song was so-so, but to me it was very disappointing.

The PV is another thing that irks me. I expected them to create a whole new music video so i was completely caught off guard when i saw that they MIXED things from the anime and freaking combined it with real people. Haven't we learnt enough from live actions adapted from anime? I almost thought that i was watching some kind of fan trailer.

The atmosphere set by the anime in the first 1.30 mins of the song was completely destroyed by the rest of the PV. It was awful. Actually, it was a mix of awful and shock. But either way it was still bad. The song would have been fine by itself, i wouldn't minded if they actually did a lyric video for this. The video ruined the song completely.

Now that i've finished ranting, its time to head over to my happy place right now. Preferably with a computer and some snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment