Friday 24 May 2013

Saki



Aww yeah! Finished another anime series! I'm onna roll baby! :)

Anyway, i just completed the anime Saki which consists of 25 episodes. I must say that i really enjoyed this anime even though it is mostly shonen. I think the subtle hints of yuri helped me survive! Naw i'm just kidding, the storyline was pretty good. Butt the male character is completely useless. Except for the fact that he gives us some sexy views of Nodoka and several lewd thoughts about her, he's useless.

After watching this i have the sudden urge to go learn mahjong and pull out all those sick moves that Saki and Nodoka did! Seriously! During matches shit was hitting the ceiling!!

I didn't think i would enjoy this to this extent and quite pleased after finishing it. It was exactly what i needed after Girls und Panzer. Although it was a pretty good anime, i want to point out that almost all the episodes were about the preliminary matches where the Kiyosumi highschool mahjong club tried to qualify for the Nationals, but i still recommend watching it.

The part which really put me off was the last two episodes. It was completely fillerish and though they showed a brief background story on Saki's sister, it wasn't nearly as exciting as the other episodes. Anddddd the damned ending made me freaking curious!!

Well now onto the review.

Plot: Simple and easy to follow. Funny at times. But easily predictable. Nevertheless it is enjoyable. 7/10

Characters: After watching, i totally ship SakiXNodoka!!! But i'm torn because the characters background were not really elaborated although they showed each other's circumstances about why they had to win. I guess its so-so. 7/10

Graphics: Pretty good. i found it pleasing to the eye. I like how the characters were drawn. 7/10

Music: thrilling. Love it! But i thought it could have done better. 7/10

I don't regret watching it!! One of the few good sports animes out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment